The mission of the Black Ensemble Theater is to eradicate racism and its damaging effects upon our society through the utilization of theater arts. BE is the only theater in the nation whose mission is to eradicate racism. Other organizations work to diversify audiences, but none utilize theater to bring races together in a community which embraces similarities and fosters dialogue, understanding and acceptance.
The mission of A Silver Lining Foundation is to ensure dignified, respectful and equal access to quality cancer education and services for all, by creating meaningful partnerships with community, advocacy and healthcare organizations
The HistoryMakers is a national, 501(c)(3) non-profit educational institution committed to preserving, developing and providing easy access to an internationally recognized archival collection of thousands of African American video oral histories.
The purpose of this archive is to educate and to:
- show the breadth and depth of this important American history as told by the first person;
- highlight the accomplishments of individual African Americans across a variety of disciplines;
- showcase those who have played a role in African American led movements and/or organizations; and
- preserve this material for years and generations to come.
The HistoryMakers is committed to creating and exposing its archival collection to the widest audience possible using collaborations as well as the Internet, a digital archive and other new technologies.
We offer a high quality world class education for the 21st century. Our mission is to ensure that every child is on track to graduate prepared for success in college, work and life.
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
A Boys & Girls Club Provides:
- A safe place to learn and grow...
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals...
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences...
- Hope and opportunity