Official Rules – Black History Month Giveaway
Terms, Conditions and Rules (the “Rules”) for Sweepstakes
Black Theatre Ensemble Ticket Sweepstakes
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION TO COLLECT THE PRIZE, AS EXPLAINED MORE FULLY BELOW.
BY PARTICIPATING, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT AND ARE AGREEING TO ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THESE RULES.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Garrett Brands LLC (“Garrett”) and is governed by the laws of the United States. You agree that any and all disputes concerning the interpretation of this contract shall be decided under Illinois law as though all acts and omissions related to it occurred in the State of Illinois, and that the exclusive venue for any such dispute shall be the state or federal courts of Illinois.
1. Eligibility. Entrant must be a legal resident of any of the fifty (50) United States except Rhode Island, and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Garrett Popcorn Shops, Garrett Brands, LLC (“Garrett”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, and siblings) are not eligible to enter. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Potential winner will be notified via email, so a valid email address is required. Without a valid email, potential winner will be disqualified.
2. Start/End Dates. The Sweepstakes begins at 10 a.m. Central time on February 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central time on February 28, 2013.
3. How to Enter – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are three alternative ways to enter. Choose one:
Method 1: Visit a Garrett Popcorn Shops® store, fill out an entry blank and deposit it in the designated container.
Method 2: Complete the Sweepstakes form via a tab on the Garrett Facebook page at Facebook.com/GarrettPopcornUSA, the Garrett Popcorn Blog at Blog.GarrettPopcorn.Com or the Garrett Popcorn site at www.GarrettPopcorn.com and follow the instructions. Enter only once; only one on-line entry per registered user will be eligible for the Sweepstakes. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Garrett. Facebook “likes” or comments are not entries for this Sweepstakes. Blog comments are not entries for this Sweepstakes.
Method 3: Write your name, address, email and phone number on a 3x5 note card and mail it directly to: Black History Month, Garrett Brands LLC, P.O. Box 11342, Chicago, Illinois, 60611.
All entries submitted via of any of the three alternative methods must be received by Garrett before March 8, 2013.
4. How to Win. Odds of Winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before March 8, 2013, by Garrett, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be notified by email on or about March 11, 2013. The entrant selected as the potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all these requirements. If any winner notification remains unanswered for more than forty-eight (48) hours, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
5. Prize. The following Prize will be awarded:
2 tickets to The Black Theater Ensemble production of From Doo Wop to Hip Hop.
Two Prizes (two pairs of tickets) will be awarded. The production ends on April 14, 2013 and the tickets must be used before that time.
Approximate retail value of the Prize: $130.
Total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes to be awarded: $260. Garrett makes no warranties with regard to the Prize. The Prize is not transferable. No substitution of the Prize is allowed by winner(s), but Garrett reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is not redeemable by winner for cash value, and once scheduled, the Prize ticket datescannot be changed. If winner is unable to use the tickets on the scheduled date, the Prize will be forfeited. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Garrett will comply with all income tax reporting obligations.
6. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Garrett will randomly select a winner from all of the eligible entrants on or about March 11, 2013.
7. Requirements for Claiming Prize. The prize must be claimed within forty-eight (48) hours of the time when Garrett sends a notification email to the potential winner. Garrett will provide the potential winner specific instructions and documents, which will include an Affidavit of Eligibility and Prize Acceptance Form. Garrett will require potential winner to provide proof of prize notification, photo identification, and tax documentation, including potential winner’s social security number (“Prize Claim Documents”). All Prize Claim Documents must be received by Garrett within seven (7) days of receipt of forms from Garrett and prior to redemption of the tickets. Receipt after that date will invalidate prize claim and cause the Prize to be forfeited. Garrett reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any winner who Garrett determines is not permitted by law to receive a prize. Winner is not required to participate in publicity as a condition of collecting the prize, but the first name and last initial of the winner will be publicized, and the identity of the winner will be disclosed to members of the public on request. Garrett reserves the right to refrain from conducting any advertising or publicity associated with a winner for any reason. If the Prize is not claimed or is forfeited by the potential winner for failure to comply with these Requirements for Claiming Prize, it will not be awarded.
8. Conditions. By participating, all entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Garrett, its affiliates, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, taxes, and/or use or misuse of the Prize, including without limitation, loss, damage, system damage, loss of property or data, claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, accidents, injuries, or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Sweepstakes, redeeming the Prize, or participation in any other Sweepstakes-related activity, (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. Garrett is not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the Prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or acts of terrorism.
9. Miscellaneous. Entries will not be acknowledged. Garrett Brands LLC’sdecisions are final and binding with regard to this Sweepstakes.
In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the individual who is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used at the time of entry on line, or provided on a paper entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
If it is not possible for the Sweepstakes to proceed as planned for any reason that affects the security or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or human error, Garrett reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
Garrett is not responsible for any mail delivery failures, error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications failure; loss, theft or destruction of entries; unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; any technical malfunction or problem with any telephone network or lines, computer or online systems, computer equipment or software; failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Garrett or notification sent by Garrett to a potential winner (including due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website); or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may violate criminal or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Garrett reserves the right to seek damages from that person to the fullest extent permitted by law, in addition to any other legal and/or equitable remedies that are or may be available.
10. Sponsor. The sole sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Garrett Brands LLC, P.O. Box 11342, Chicago, Illinois, 60611. To obtain a copy of the winner’s name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address by March 31, 2013.